Energy Saving Tips: Home Appliances
At Mojo, we don’t make more money if you use more energy. So we’re really on your side when it comes to reducing your consumption. Here are a few simple tips to reduce your usage on your appliances and get your bill down.
- Check the Energy Ratingwhen buying new appliances to compare their energy efficiency.
- Keep the temperature of your fridge set between 3 to 4 degrees celsius and your freezer to below 15 to 18 degrees celsius.
- Ensure you have the right size fridge. Too big and you’re cooling empty shelves and too small and you might need a second.
- If you have a second fridge, just turn it on when you really need that chilled beer and wine.
- Don’t unnecessarily pre-heat the oven and try to cook multiple things at once.
- Identify appliances that you can turn off when not in use – these could be microwaves, TV’s, games consoles, stereos and air conditioners