Energy Saving Tips: Laundry
At Mojo, we don’t make more money if you use more energy. So we’re really on your side when it comes to reducing your consumption. Here are a few simple tips to reduce your usage when doing your laundry.
- When the weather allows, dry your clothes on a line rather than using the dryer.
- When buying a new washing machine, choose a front loader. They use much less energy and water.
- Consider washing your clothes in cold water. Warm uses up to 5 times as much energy.
- If you have a second fridge, just turn it on when you really need that chilled beer and wine.
- When buying a new dryer, look for one that has a moisture sensor, rather than a timer. This will turn it off once the clothes are dry.