If you or someone in your home uses an approved machine for life support purposes, you need to get in touch with us so we can correctly register this information on your account. We will also let your energy distributor know so that they can contact you in case of a planned power outage.
What is Life Support?
You are classified as requiring electricity for life support purposes if you or a member of your household is dependent on any of the following equipment:
- an oxygen concentrator;
- an intermittent peritoneal dialysis machine;
- a kidney dialysis machine
- a chronic positive airways pressure respirator;
- crigler najjar syndrome phototherapy equipment;
- a ventilator for life support; or
- any other equipment requiring electricity to operate that a medical practitioner certifies is required for a person residing at your premises for life support purposes.
If you have any of the above equipment used by a member of your household, please contact us on email@example.com or phone 02 8318 2112 (Monday-Friday 9am-5pm AEST) to register your premises if you did not do so when you signed up with us.
You may be eligible for a concession
Depending on the life support equipment that you or a member of your household require for life support purposes and the state in which you live, you may be eligible for a government concession or rebate.
For more information on your eligibility for a rebate or concession, please check the information relevant for your state:
- For NSW information – click here
- For Queensland information – click here
- For Victoria information – click here
- For SA information – click here
If you require medical assistance, please contact emergency services on 000.