Payment Terms & Conditions
This Direct Debit Request Service Agreement (DDRSA) is between you and Mojo and sets out the terms governing your direct debit request and your obligations in undertaking a direct debit arrangement with us.
- In accordance with your online, verbal or written request, you have authorised Mojo Power Pty Limited ABN 85 604 909 837 (Direct Debit Identification No. 489360) to arrange for funds to be debited from your Account or Credit Card in accordance with amounts payable by you under the Agreement.
- Unless otherwise agreed by you and us, we will only arrange for funds to be debited from your Account or Credit Card if we have sent to you a bill that specifies the amount payable by you to us under the Agreement, and when it is due. Where the due date falls on a nonBanking Business Day, we will draw the amount on the next Banking Business Day (or following this day if the amount remains unpaid).
- You authorise and request us to debit your Account through the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS).
- You should be check:
- with your Financial Institution whether direct debiting is available from your Account as direct debit through BECS in not available on all accounts; and
- your Account and/or Credit Card details that you have provided to us are correct. This can be done by checking a recent statement from your Financial Institution.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- sufficient cleared funds are available in the Account or on the Credit Card
(as applicable) when the payments are made;
- the authorisation to debit the Account or Credit Card (as applicable) is in the same name as the Account signing instruction or Credit Card account held by the Financial Institution where the Account or Credit Card is held;
- suitable arrangements are made if the direct debit is cancelled by yourself, by your Financial Institution or for any other reason.
- We will continue to rely on your authority to directly debit the amount of each bill from your Account or Credit Card until you advise us of any changes to the arrangement.
- We will advise you 14 days in advance of any changes to this DDRSA.
- For returned unpaid transactions, the following procedures or policies will apply:
- we will treat the payment as if it was never made;
- we may arrange for the payment to be debited from your Account or Credit Card;
- a fee may be applied for drawings that are returned unpaid; and/or
- we may cancel your direct debit arrangement with us at any time if one or more drawings are returned unpaid by your Financial Institution.
- Your Direct Debit Request records, Account details and Credit Card details will be kept private and confidential to be disclosed only at your request or at the request of the Financial Institution in connection with a claim made to correct/investigate an alleged incorrect or wrongful debit or otherwise as required by law.
- If any provision of this DDRSA is found to be illegal, void or unenforceable for unfairness or any other reason (for example, if a court or other tribunal or authority declares it so), the remaining provisions of this DDRSA will continue to apply to the extent possible as if the void or unenforceable provision had never existed.
- If you wish to notify us about anything related to this DDRSA, including cancellation, alteration or suspension of drawing arrangements or to stop or defer a payment, or to investigate or dispute a previous payment, you should contact us at email@example.com. We will investigate your dispute in accordance with our complaints and dispute resolutions procedures (available here).
- If our investigations show that your Account or Credit Card has been incorrectly debited, we will arrange for the Financial Institution to adjust your Account or Credit Card accordingly. We will also notify you in writing of the amount by which your Account or Credit Card has been adjusted. If, following our investigations, we believe on reasonable grounds that your Account has been correctly debited, we will respond to your query by providing you with reasons and copies of any evidence for this finding.
If we cannot resolve the matter, you can still refer it to your Financial Institution, who will obtain details from you of the disputed payment and may lodge a claim on your behalf.
- Any notice will be deemed to have been received two Business Days after it is posted or immediately upon electronic transmission (including by email, SMS, electronic message to your My Mojo account and mobile application messages).
Unless otherwise defined, a term defined in the Agreement has the same meaning when used in this DDRSA:
Account means (if applicable) the account nominated in the Direct Debit Request, held at your Financial Institution from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited;
Agreement means the contract for the retail sale of electricity and other products and services to you by us;
Banking Business Day means a Business Day that is not a day on which banks in New South Wales are authorised or required by law to close;
Credit Card means (if applicable) the credit card nominated in the Direct Debit
Request from which we are authorised to arrange for payment to be charged;
Direct Debit Request means the Direct Debit Request between us and you as amended from time to time;
Financial Institution is the financial institution where you hold the account nominated in your Direct Debit Request as the account from which we are authorised to arrange for funds to be debited;
We, us and Mojo means Mojo Power Pty Limited ABN 85 604 909 837; and
You mean the customer under the Agreement, who signed the Direct Debit Request.